Position: Postdoctoral in Computer Architecture and Parallel Algorithms
Start Date: March 1, 2013
Duration: 12 months, extensible
Salary: Competitive, including benefits
Description: The CARV Laboratory of the Institute of Computer Science at FORTH, Crete Island, Greece, offers a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher position in the areas of Computer Architecture and Parallel Algorithms, and in particular in any of the following topics:
1. Memory and Cache Architectures
2. Low Power Computer Architecture
3. Distributed Data Structures
4. Java Concurrency Library
5. Energy optimized Data Structures
The position will be supported by a recently funded national project which is being executed from October 2012 to September 2015. The goal of the project is to develop a power-efficient Java Virtual Machine and Runtime Environment and Concurrency Library for a prototype non-cache-coherent manycore architecture. The selected applicants will be offered a contract for one year, with possibility of renewal.
Applicants must have:
1. A PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related field;
2. Documented research record in Computer Architecture or Parallel Algorithms and, preferably, in some of the topics listed above;
3. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
4. Willingness and ability for cooperative work in the context of a research team.
1. Good knowledge of memory architectures; and/or
2. Experience with low-power hardware development; and/or
3. Parallel and distributed programming; and/or
4. Experience with Java/Concurrency; and/or
5. Strong mathematical background.
Applicants must submit their Curriculum Vitae, including a statement of purpose, qualifications, and research interests.
The evaluation of applications is ongoing and will continue until positions are filled.