me to relay this to the list. Please contact him
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for any questions, not me.
1st International Workshop on Bi-level Programming (IWOBIP'16)
The IWOBIP'16 will be held in Nuevo Leon, Mexico; from March 7th to 11th, 2016.
Extended deadline for registration: December, 17th.
The main motivation for hosting the IWOBIP'16 is to bring together a
group of academicians, practitioners and students working on this
topic. Also, to attract young researchers and graduated students
(master and PhD students) who are specializing in Bi-level
The workshop will take place at the main campus of the Universidad
Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (UANL) located in the city of San Nicolas de
los Garza in the state of Nuevo León, México from Monday 7th to
Friday 11th, March 2016. The city of San Nicolas de los Garza is in
the metropolitan area of Monterrey (state's capital), making it easy
and accessible for commuting within the area. The metropolitan area
hosts more than four million people and offers a wide variety of
tourist, recreational and cultural sites, which undoubtedly will make
the stay more attractive during the workshop.
IWOBIP'16 will consist of plenary lectures and mini-courses, both
given by world-renowned researchers. Furthermore, research lectures
presented by attendees of the event will be offered. There will also
be a tour organized by the local committee for the integration and
interaction of the participants to the event. It is important to
mention that there will not be parallel sessions; only one daily main
session will be scheduled because of the degree of specialization of
the workshop. Among the topics of interest of the IWOBIP'16 are:
theory, exact methods, heuristic algorithms and interesting
applications modeled as bi-level programming problems.
The Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- Martine Labbé (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
Stackelberg games and bilevel bilinear optimization problem
- Boris Mordukhovich (Wayne State University, USA)
Bilevel programming via generalized convexity and variational analysis
- Vyacheslav Kalashnikov (Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico)
A Heuristic Algorithm to Solve Bilevel Toll Optimization Problems
- Leo Liberti (École Polytechnique, France)
Measuring Smart Grids: Optimal Placement of Sensors in Power Grids
- Stephan Dempe (TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany)
Solution approaches for optimistic bilevel optimization problems
- Ankur Sinha (Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India)
Evolutionary Bilevel Optimization: Applications and Methodologies
- Jakub Mareček (IBM Research, Ireland)
Probabilistic analyses in bi-level optimisation under uncertainty
- Carmen Galé (Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain)
Theoretical and algorithmic approaches to Bilevel programming
The workshop official languages are English and Spanish. The plenary
lectures and the mini-courses will be in English or Spanish. In the
case they are in Spanish, the slides will be in English.
REGISTRATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
There are three types of registration: full scholarship, regular
scholarship and regular application. Registers must select one of the
three categories just mentioned.
- We will have around 35 full scholarships for the workshop
participants (only students), the scholarship includes 6 nights in
shared room during the event, meals during the day in the event and
the registration fee. Transportation to the event is paid by the
- The regular scholarship only covers the registration fee. It is
basically for local students or foreign students who do not achieve
the full scholarship.
- For the regular application, the submission will only consist on the
abstract of the presentation (without recommendation letter and
curriculum vitae). The applicant must cover his/her registration fee
in the indicated dates to be included in the event.
Those interested in participating in the IWOBIP'16 must submit the
following documents in PDF format to the following email address
- The submission form posted in the workshop's webpage.
- An abstract of the research work to expose (between 250 and 500
words) with three keywords in the appropriate format (available on the
- A recommendation letter (preferably from your advisor –in case of students-).
- Short curriculum vitae.
The results of the Scientific Committee will be decisive and will be
posted on the workshop's webpage. Those who will participate in the
workshop (regardless the registration type) must complete a form with
before 31/1/16: students 100 USD, researchers 200 USD.
after 01/02/2016: students 200 USD, researchers 250 USD.
10/09/2015 Beginning for applications
17/12/2015 Deadline for applications
21/12/2015 Notification of acceptation/rejection and the type of scholarship
22/01/2016 Deadline for covering the registration fee
27/01/2016 Final confirmation of the attendees with scholarship
12/02/2016 Publication of the complete program
05/03/2016 Beginning of the 1st International Workshop on Bi-level Programming
IWOBIP'16 is organized by José-Fernando Camacho-Vallejo
* Contributions to be spread via DMANET are submitted to
* Replies to a message carried on DMANET should NOT be
* addressed to DMANET but to the original sender. The
* original sender, however, is invited to prepare an
* update of the replies received and to communicate it
* via DMANET.
* DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND ALGORITHMS NETWORK (DMANET)