(apologies for multiple mailings)
The Dijkstra Prize Committee has selected Nati Linial as the recipient of this year Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing. The prize is given to him for his outstanding paper: "Locality in distributed graph algorithms" published in SIAM Journal on Computing, 21(1992) 193-201.
The prize is given for outstanding papers on the principles of distributed computing, whose significance and impact on the theory and/or practice of distributed computing has been evident for at least a decade. For more details please go to:
Prize Committee 2013:
• Yehuda Afek, Tel-Aviv Univ.
• Faith Ellen, Univ. of Toronto
• Boaz Patt-Shamir, Tel-Aviv Univ.
• Sergio Rajsbaum, UNAM
• Alexander Shvartsman, Univ. of Connecticut
• Gadi Taubenfeld, IDC, chair