European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
24 March - 1 April 2012
-- ABOUT ETAPS --
The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
(ETAPS) is the primary European forum for academic and industrial
researchers working on topics relating to Software Science.
ETAPS is an annual event which takes place in Europe each spring since
1998. The fifteenth conference, ETAPS 2012, will take place 24 March -
1 April 2012 in Tallinn, Estonia.
Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia, famous for its picturesque
medieval Old Town, a World Heritage site. This year 2011, Tallinn,
together with Turku in Finland, is the European capital of culture.
The main conferences of ETAPS are:
- CC: International Conference on Compiler Construction
- ESOP: European Symposium on Programming
- FASE: Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering
- FOSSACS: Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures
- TACAS: Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of
The ETAPS 2012 conferences will take place 26-30 March 2012.
-- SATELLITE EVENTS --
The ETAPS 2012 organizing committee invites proposals for satellite
events (workshops, tutorials, etc.) that will complement the main
ETAPS 2012 conferences. They should fall within the scope of
ETAPS. This encompasses all aspects of the system development process,
including specification, design, implementation, analysis and
improvement, as well as the languages, methodologies and tools which
support these activities, covering a spectrum from
practically-motivated theory to soundly-based practice. Satellite
events provide an opportunity to discuss and report on emerging
research approaches and practical experience relevant to theory and
practice of software.
The ETAPS 2012 satellite events will be held immediately before and
after the main conferences, 24-25 March and 31 March-1 April 2012.
-- SUBMISSION OF SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS --
Researchers and practitioners wishing to organize satellite events are
invited to submit proposals in plain text or pdf format by e-mail
A proposal should not exceed two pages and should include:
- the satellite event name and acronym
- the names and contact information of the organizers
- the preferred period: 24-25 March or 31 March-1 April
- the duration of the workshop: one-day or two-day event
- a 120-word description of the event topic for later use in publicity
- a brief explanation of the event topic and its relevance to ETAPS
- the history of the event, where applicable
- a tentative schedule for paper submission, notification of acceptance
and final versions, where applicable
(the ETAPS 2012 organizing committee will need the final files of the
event local proceedings by 12 February 2012)
- the expected number of participants
- plans for formal publication
- any other relevant information, like event format, invited speakers,
demo sessions, special space requirements, etc.
The proposals will be evaluated by the ETAPS 2012 organizing committee
on the basis of their assessed benefit for prospective participants of
ETAPS 2012. The titles and brief information about accepted satellite
events will be included in the ETAPS 2012 website, call for papers and
call for participation.
Satellite events organizers will be responsible for
- producing the event's call for papers and call for participations
- publicising the event through specialist mailing lists etc. to
complement publicity for ETAPS as a whole
- hosting and maintaining a web site for the event
- reviewing and making acceptance decisions on submitted papers
- producing the event proceedings, if any
(the organizing committee obliges to print the local proceedings volume
and to produce a CD/USB memory stick with the local proceedings of
all satellite events)
- scheduling of the event's activities in consultation with the
Prospective organizers may wish to consult the web pages of previous
satellite events as examples:
ETAPS 2011: http://www.etaps.org/2011/
ETAPS 2010: http://www.etaps10.cs.ucy.ac.cy/
ETAPS 2009: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/etaps09/
ETAPS 2008: http://etaps08.mit.bme.hu/
ETAPS 2007: http://www.di.uminho.pt/etaps07/
ETAPS 2006: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/etaps06/
ETAPS 2005: http://www.etaps05.inf.ed.ac.uk/
ETAPS 2004: http://www.lsi.upc.es/etaps04/
ETAPS 2003: http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/etaps03/
-- IMPORTANT DATES --
Satellite event proposals deadline: 6 March 2011.
Notification of acceptance: 13 March 2011.
-- FURTHER INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES --
Please contact Keiko Nakata or Tarmo Uustalu, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Contributions to be spread via DMANET are submitted to
* Replies to a message carried on DMANET should NOT be
* addressed to DMANET but to the original sender. The
* original sender, however, is invited to prepare an
* update of the replies received and to communicate it
* via DMANET.
* DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND ALGORITHMS NETWORK (DMANET)