On behalf of the organizers, i would like to invite you to submit papers for the upcoming workshop.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 16 October 2013
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
co-located with WCNC 2014, Istanbul, TURKEY
Workshop date: 6 April 2014
The ever-increasing need for higher data rates in multimedia services and applications leads to stringent requirements on the bit rate/km2 that next-generation cellular wireless networks are expected to deliver. This increasing trend has urged mobile operators to examine new ways for improving their coverage and boosting their network capacities. A promising approach to this challenge is the dense deployment of short range and low power base stations in conjunction with the macrocellular network, as well as relays, distributed antennas and radio remote heads. However, the CAPital and OPerating EXpenditures (CAPEX and OPEX) of such heterogeneous networks increase with the increasing number of nodes. The solution to this problem is the deployment of Self-Organizing NETworks (SONETs).
SONETs represent a novel paradigm based on the deployment of networks with self-organized functionalities. There are significant technical problems that need to be addressed for the successful deployment and operation of SONETs. In particular, time-, frequency- and spatial-domain interference management is a fundamental issue. To deal with increasing peak data demands, SONETs design should be self-organized based on interference/load/congestion levels, dynamically adapting their transmissions via smart traffic offloading strategies onto licensed/unlicensed bands.
The IEEE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON SELF-ORGANIZING NETWORKS (SONETs) will offer an excellent opportunity for academic and industrial researchers for spreading and sharing the latest results and understandings for rendering wireless networks more efficient in terms of capacity, coverage, Quality-of-Service performance and energy consumption. Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another conference or journal are solicited. Topics of interest may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Self-configuration/-optimization/-healing mechanisms for SONETs,
- Energy-efficient algorithms and green wireless for SONETs,
- Cognitive radio techniques for SONETs,
- Game theoretical techniques and reinforcement learning for SONETs,
- Trade-offs between macro-cell, femto-cell, pico-cell, relay and distributed antenna system deployments,
- Mobility management in SONETs,
- Backhaul-aware (wired, wireless, millimeter wave, etc.)
- Radio Resource Management (RRM) for SONETs,
- Intra-RAT (cell range expansion, e-ICIC) and Inter-RAT offloading (3GPP and WiFi interworking) in SONETs,
- Device-to-Device (D2D) communications in SONETs,
- Multi-point transmission techniques(CoMP, JT, DCS, massive/large MIMO) , Active Antenna Systems (AAS) in SONETs,
- Carrier aggregation (single and multi-flow) in heterogeneous networks,
- Coordinating self-configuration, self-optimization, and self-healing mechanisms in SONETs,
- Policy-based management of self-configuration, self-optimization, and self-healing mechanisms in SONETs.
SONETs 2014 will feature Prof. Ismail Guvenc (Florida International University, USA) and Dr. Colin Willcock (Nokia Solutions Networks, Germany) as keynote speakers. The workshop accepts only novel, previously unpublished papers. All submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages (minimum 10-point font) including figures, without incurring additional page charges.
Paper Submission Deadline: 16 October 2013
Acceptance Notification: 8 January 2014
Camera Ready Copy: 26 January 2014
Electronic submission using the EDAS electronic submission system https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=15847 is required. Author guidelines for the preparation and submission are also available at http://www.ieee.org/go/conferencepublishing/templates.
Berna Sayrac, France Telecom, France (email@example.com)
Mehdi Bennis, University of Oulu, Finland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Afef Feki, Alcatel-Lucent, Bell Labs, France (email@example.com)
Majed Haddad, INRIA, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Joseph Vidal, UPC, Spain
Marios Kountouris, SUPELEC, France
Dusit Niyato, NTU, Singapore
Walid Saad, University of Miami, USA
Jyri Hämäläinen, Ericsson, Finland
Thierry Lestable, Sagemcom SAS, France
Konstantinos Dimou, Ericsson, Sweden
Gaoning He, Huawei, China
Irfan Ghauri, Intel, France
Ismail Guvenc, FIU, USA
Tansu Alpcan, University of Melbourne, Australia
Olivier Holland, King’s College, UK
Bechir Hamdaoui, Oregon State University, USA
Anwer Al-Dulaimi, Brunel Uni. UK
Véronique Capdevielle, Alcatel Lucent Bell Labs, France