Lisbon, Portugal, July 11-14, 2010
SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
The 24th European Conference on Operational Research, EURO XXIV, will
be held at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon, FCUL.
This large conference is organized by EURO (The Association of European
OR Societies) and APDIO (The Portuguese OR Society), with the support
of FCUL and CIO (Operational Research Centre, Portugal).
The Programme and Organizing Committees, chaired by Silvano Martello
and Jose Paixao, respectively, are preparing a high quality scientific
programme and an exciting social programme for the Conference.
We hope that the unique yet heterogeneous character of seductive Lisbon
will tempt you to come, and help turning this into a memorable event,
both scientifically and socially.
John F. Nash, Jr.,
Harold W. Kuhn.
CALL FOR PAPERS AND SESSIONS:
We invite all researchers, academicians, practitioners, as well as
students interested in any branch of operational research, mathematical
modelling or economic analysis to participate in the conference and to
present their papers.
Invited and contributed papers will be organized in parallel sessions,
with three or four papers in each session. In general, sessions will
be a part of conference streams, and streams are grouped by areas.
Researchers who want to organize an invited session or contribute a
paper within an invited session should contact the PC member in charge
of the interested area.
No participant can present more than one paper at the Conference.
Abstract submission and registration are done online, via the Conference
Abstracts: max. 600 characters; submission deadline: Feb 28, 2010
(and PC members in charge; see contacts further below)
- Continuous Optimization >> GW Weber,
- Control Theory & System Dynamics >> GW Weber,
- Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery & Artificial Intelligence >> D Bouyssou,
- DEA and Performance Measurement >> EK Burke,
- Decision Analysis, Decision Support Systems >> D Bouyssou,
- Discrete Optimization, Geometry & Graphs >> J Blazewicz,
- Emerging Applications of OR >> G Woeginger,
- Energy, Environment and Climate >> G Woeginger,
- Financial Modelling & Risk Management >> GW Weber,
- Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing >> D Pisinger,
- Game Theory, Mathematical Economics >> GW Weber,
- Location, Logistics, Transportation & Traffic >> S Nickel,
- Metaheuristics >> D Pisinger,
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Optimization >> D Bouyssou,
- OR Education, History, Ethics >> JF Oliveira,
- OR for Development and Developing Countries >> GW Weber,
- OR in Health & Life Sciences >> J Blazewicz,
- OR in Industry, and Software for OR >> S Nickel,
- OR in Natural Resources >> GW Weber,
- Production Management & Supply Chain Management >> S Nickel,
- Revenue Management & Managerial Accounting >> EK Burke,
- Scheduling, Timetabling & Project Management >> J Blazewicz,
- Simulation & Stochastic Programming and Modelling >> G Woeginger,
- Soft OR and Problem Structuring Methods >> D Bouyssou,
- Telecommunication & Networks >> JF Oliveira.
Deadline for abstract submission: February 28, 2010,
Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2010,
Deadline for early registration: March 31, 2010,
Deadline for author registration (for inclusion in the programme):
April 30, 2010,
Conference: July 11-14, 2010.
Chair: Silvano Martello, Italy (email@example.com),
Jose Paixao (OC Chair), Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Jacek Blazewicz, Poland (email@example.com),
Denis Bouyssou, France (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Edmund K. Burke, UK (email@example.com),
Marielle Christiansen, Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Stefan Nickel, Germany (email@example.com),
Jose Fernando Oliveira, Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org),
David Pisinger, Denmark (email@example.com),
Gerhard Waescher, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber, Turkey (email@example.com),
Gerhard Woeginger, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chair: Jose Paixao, Portugal (PT),
Silvano Martello (PC Chair), Italy,
Gerhard Wäscher (EURO VP), Germany,
Joaquim Borges Gouveia, PT,
Maria Eugenia Captivo, PT,
Domingos Cardoso, PT,
Manuel Furtado Martins, PT,
Joao Chambel Leitao, PT,
Jose Fernando Oliveira, PT,
Joao Patricio, PT,
Ana Paula Povoa, PT,
Antonio Proenca, PT,
Antonio Rodrigues, PT,
Joao Miguel Telhada, PT,
Jose Valerio de Carvalho, PT,
Margarida Vaz Pato, PT.
During the EURO XXIV conference the following prizes will be awarded:
- The EURO Gold Medal 2010,
- The EURO Distinguished Service Medal (EDSM 2010),
- The EURO Management Science Strategic Innovation Prize (MSSIP 2010),
- The EURO Doctoral Dissertation Award (EDDA 2010),
- The EURO Excellence in Practice Award (EPA 2010).
THE PROGRAMME IN BRIEF:
The Conference starts July 11 (Sunday), 5pm, with the Opening Session,
including the awards ceremony.
This will be followed by the Welcome Reception at 7pm.
Meanwhile, inveterate football fans will have the opportunity to follow
the World Cup final (starting 7:30 pm) in a large screen.
The working sessions will occupy most of the 3 following days,
July 12-14 (Mon-Tue-Wed), and will start, on Monday morning,
with a plenary session with the keynote by Nobel laureate John Nash.
The Conference Dinner will be held on July 13, at Sala Tejo,
adjacent to Pavilhao Atlantico -- an intriguing and emblematic venue
of contemporary Lisbon, near the river estuary (www.pavilhaoatlantico.pt).
The Conference ends with another social event, not to be missed:
the Farewell boat trip, on Tagus River, on the late afternoon of July 14.
- Regular: 320 Euros (early); 420 Euros (late),
- Student: 170 Euros (early); 220 Euros (late),
- Accompanying persons: 120 Euros.
NB: Early fees applicable until March 31, 2010
The regular/student registration fee includes:
- Participation in all sessions, and access to the exhibition area,
- Conference materials (Final Program, Book of Abstracts),
- Participation in the Welcome Reception (July 11),
- 3-day travel card,
- Coffee breaks and lunches (July 12-14),
- Participation in the Farewell boat trip (July 14).
The registration fee for accompanying persons includes:
- Participation in the Welcome Reception, and the Farewell boat trip,
- Lisbon-Estoril-Sintra tour,
- 3-day travel card,
The Conference dinner is charged separately, at 70 Euros per person.
We recommend participants:
1. to book their flights through the official air transport operator,
TAP Portugal: discounts are applicable for the Conference; and,
2. to book accommodation through the Conference webpage:
our official travel agency, Abreu, has secured a large number of rooms
in a variety of hotels in Lisbon at specially negotiated rates.
For more details, consult the conference site, www.euro2010lisbon.org,
where all relevant information will progressively be included.
Further proposals for Book or Software Exhibitions, Workshops,
and the edition of special issues of Journals are welcome.
- email@example.com (Programme),
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Registration, travel & accommodation),
- email@example.com (General enquiries).
* Contributions to be spread via DMANET are submitted to
* Replies to a message carried on DMANET should NOT be
* addressed to DMANET but to the original sender. The
* original sender, however, is invited to prepare an
* update of the replies received and to communicate it
* via DMANET.
* DISCRETE MATHEMATICS AND ALGORITHMS NETWORK (DMANET)