SIGACT supports student travel to STOC. For STOC 2010, SIGACT
anticipates making up to $25,000 of Student Travel Awards, depending in
part on available external funding. These awards are for needy students to
help cover expenses related to attending STOC 2010. Preference will be given
to students who are STOC authors, though all students needing support are
encouraged to apply.
To apply email the information listed below to William Gasarch by
March 26, 2010. The email address is email@example.com. Please use the
following subject line: “STOC10 travel award” The email has to be a pdf
Include the following in your email in this order:
1. Title of paper, if you are an author.
2. Will you be presenting the paper?
3. University name and country.
4. A detailed expense list, in US dollars.
5. Other travel funds that are available to you.
6. A statement from your advisor on availability of travel funds (note:
vague statements such as “funds are tight” are not informative).
7. SIGACT encourages applications from members of underrepresented
groups for these awards. (Optional) Please indicate if you are part of
such a group.
8. (For non-authors only.) A short statement describing you academic
standing and interests, your expected graduation date and degree, ad-
visor’s name, and, if available, a URL for a working Web page. Also
indicate whether and when you have attended previous major theory
conferences (e.g. STOC and FOCS).
This information will be used to prioritize the awards. The awards will be
announced shortly after the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
You should receive an email acknowledging your application within 3
week days. If not, please resubmit or contact William Gasarch by some
other means. Student travel to STOC 2010 is supported by ACM SIGACT and the
National Science Foundation, Grant No. CCF-0923716.