TWO POSITIONS IN FORMAL METHODS (PHD OR POSTDOC LEVEL)
AT THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF MUNICH
* The Department of Computer Science of the Technical University of Munich
(Chair for Compiler and Software Construction, and Chair for Foundations of
Software Reliability) offers two positions at PhD or postdoc level in the area
of Formal Methods. The chairs, lead by Javier Esparza and Helmut Seidl,
conduct research on program analysis, model checking, compiler construction,
programming languages, automata theory, and concurrency models like
Petri nets or communicating automata.
* We offer:
- excellent research environment at a leading university
- intensive thesis supervision
- close cooperation with top researchers at international level
- two-year contract, extensible for another two years
- pay according to the TV-L 13 German scale (full position). Information
on the scale can be found at http://www.cats.rwth-aachen.de/jobs/bat.
* We seek candidates with:
- MSc/PhD in computer science or mathematics
- excellent academic record
- strong interest and some previous knowledge in automata theory, logic,
programming languages, concurrency theory, or some area of Formal Methods
- fluency in spoken and written English or German
* The positions involve some duties as teaching assistant (supervision
of students, problem classes).
* Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a CV, and the names and
contact information of three references to Claudia Link, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin November 1, and continue until the positions
are filled. The starting date is negotiable.
* To learn more about the positions please contact
- Javier Esparza (email@example.com), or
- Helmut Seidl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* The Technical University of Munich is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants with
disabilities are treated with preference given comparable qualification.
Prof.Dr. Javier Esparza
Institute of Computer Science
Technische Universität München
Boltzmansstr. 3, 85748 Garching