- we apologise if you get it several times.
Please, pass the information to whom it may benefit.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
Last CALL for PARTICIPATION
38th International Conference on Current Trends
in Theory and Practice of Computer Science
January 21-27, 2012
Orea Hotel HORAL (Spindleruv Mlyn)
dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate
at the upcomming SOFSEM 2012 conference
with the following four tracks:
* FOUNDATIONS of COMPUTER SCIENCE,
* SOFTWARE and WEB ENGINEERING,
* CRYPTOGRAPHY, SECURITY and VERIFICATION,
* ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.
We would especially like to attract your attention to the
SPECIAL SOFSEM 2012 EVENT: SESSION on TURING MACHINES.
In memory of Alan Turing, whose 100th anniversary is celebrated in 2012,
SOFSEM 2012 will host a session on Turing machines. The session will
consist of invited and contributed talks on Turing machines as the basic
model of computability and complexity. SOFSEM 2012 is among the official
Centenary Events of The Alan Turing Year
(for more details see http://www.turingcentenary.eu/)
We hope that you will find the SOFSEM 2012 Program
very interesting and inspiring. Moreover, as usual at SOFSEM conferences,
a very distinguished feature is the higher number of Invited Speakers.
The list of SOFSEM 2012 invited speakers:
* Foundations of Computer Science Track:
- Yuri Gurevich (University of Michigan and Microsoft Research, USA)
What's an Algorithm?
- Giuseppe F. Italiano (University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy)
Strong Bridges and Strong Articulation Points of Directed Graphs
SESSION ON TURING MACHINES.
- Felipe Cucker (City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong )
The Legacy of Turing in Numerical Analysis
- Peter van Emde Boas (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands )
Turing Machines for Dummies
- Jiri Wiedermann (Institute of Computer Science, Academy of Sciences,
Czech Republic )
Towards Computational Models of Artificial Cognitive Systems that Can,
in Principle, Pass the Turing Test
* Software & Web Engineering Track:
- Paul De Bra (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
A Fully Generic Approach for Realizing the Adaptive Web
- Pavel Zezula (Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic)
Multi Feature Indexing Network (MUFIN) - Similarity Search Platform
for many Applications
* Cryptography, Security, and Verification Track:
- Orna Kupferman (Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel)
Recent Challenges and Ideas in Temporal Synthesis
- Krzysztof Pietrzak (Cryptology Research Group, CWI Amsterdam,
Efficient Cryptography from Hard Learning Problems
* Artificial Intelligence
SPECIAL EVENT: SESSION ON TURING MACHINES
- Roberto Navigli (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy )
Don't Take Shortcuts! Computational Lexical Semantics and the Turing Test
- Kevin Warwick (University of Reading, United Kingdom )
Not Another Look at the Turing Test!
We are sure each SOFSEM 2012 Invited Speaker will deliver a wonderfull
Invited Talk the SOFSEM 2012 participants will fully enjoy similarly to the
43 accepted papers (from the 121 submitted: ~ 36 % acceptance rate -
the complete list is at:
Student Research Forum
The Student Research Forum (SRF) is organized as an integral part of the
SOFSEM 2012 with the aim to publish and discuss student projects in the
areas of the 4 SOFSEM 2012 tracks.
The SRF will offer students the opportunity to receive valuable feedback
on the originality and quality of their scientific work results as the
authors of the papers selected for SRF will present their ideas in front
of the main SOFSEM 2012 audience and also during the poster session
organized as a integral part of the conference.
Best Student Paper and Best Student Presentation will be awarded during the
Location, venue and leisure activities of SOFSEM 2012 are presented at:
Conference: January 21-27, 2012
We are looking forward to welcome you at SOFSEM 2012.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions.
On behalf of all SOFSEM 2012 organizers,
Georg Gottlob (Program Committee Chair)
Julius Stuller (Steering Committee Chair)
The mail has been sent to email@example.com.