*********************** CFP *******************************
3rd International Workshop on Smart Sensor Protocols and Algorithms (SSPA 2015)
in conjunction with The 8th IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC' 15)
Munich, Germany, October 5-7, 2015.
Smart Sensor protocols and algorithms make use of several methods and techniques (such as machine learning techniques, decision making techniques, knowledge representation, network optimization, problem solution techniques, and so on), to establish communication between network devices. They can be used to perceive the network conditions, or the user behavior, in order to dynamically plan, adapt, decide, take the appropriate actions, and learn from the consequences of their actions. The algorithms can make use of the information gathered from the protocol in order to sense the environment, plan actions according to the input, take consciousness of what is happening in the environment, and take the appropriate decisions using a reasoning engine. Goals such as decide which scenario fits best its end-to-end purpose, or environment prediction, can be achieved with smart protocols and algorithms. Moreover, they could learn from the past and use this knowledge to improve future de!
In this workshop, researchers are encouraged to submit papers focused on the design, development, analysis or optimization of smart sensor protocols or algorithms at any communication layer. Algorithms and protocols based on artificial intelligence techniques for network management, network monitoring, quality of service enhancement, performance optimization and network secure are included in the workshop.
This conference edition once again targets to gather researchers from academia and industrial sectors to present analytical research, simulations, practical results, position papers addressing the pros and cons of specific proposals, and advances in sensor protocols and algorithms. The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, standards, deployments, implementations, running experiments and applications.
TOPICS OF INTEREST:
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal, including, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Reasoning and learning techniques for sensing environment pollution
- Smart route prediction in vehicular sensor networks
- Smart data aggregation in vehicular sensor networks
- Smart multimedia network protocols and algorithms for WSNs
- Application layer, transport layer and network layer cognitive protocols
- Cognitive radio network protocols and algorithms
- Automatic protocols and algorithms for environment prediction
- Algorithms and protocols to predict data network states
- Intelligent synchronization techniques for sensor network protocols and algorithms
- Smart sensor protocols and algorithms for e-health
- Software applications for smart algorithms design and development in WSNs
- Dynamic protocols based on the perception of their performance
- Smart protocols and algorithms for Smartgrids
- Protocols and algorithms focused on building conclusions for taking the appropriate actions
- Smart Automatic and self-autonomous WSNs
- Artificial intelligence applied in protocols and algorithms for WSNs
- Smart security protocols and algorithms in WSNs
- Smart cryptographic algorithms for communication in WSNs
- Artificial intelligence applied to power efficiency and energy saving protocols and algorithms
- Smart routing and switching protocols and algorithms in WSNs
- Cognitive protocol and algorithm models for saving communication costs
- Any kind of intelligent technique applied to QoS, content delivery, network Monitoring and network mobility management
- Smart cooperative protocols and algorithms WSNs
- Problem recognition and problem solving protocols for WSNs
- Genetic algorithms, fuzzy logic and neural networks applied to WSNs
Submission deadline: 17th of July 2015
Author notification: 14th of August 2015
Camera-ready version: 27th of August 2015
Workshop Dates: 5-7th of October 2015
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers. Papers presenting original and unpublished work are invited and will be evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
All submissions should be written in English. Authors guidelines can be found at:
The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related information, can be found at:
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must be done through EDAS. To submit a paper, please click on the following link:
The extended version of selected papers will be invited to submit to a Special Issue on Smart Protocols and Algorithms in the International Journal Network Protocols and Algorithms (1943-3581). Network Protocols and Algorithms is an online international journal, peer-reviewed, indexed by many prestigious data bases and published by Macrothink Institute.
Jaime Lloret Mauri, Universitat Polit�cnica Val�ncia, Spain
Miguel Garcia Pineda, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Sandra Sendra, Unviversitat Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
Alejandro C�novas Solbes, Universitat Polit�cnica Val�ncia, Spain