ACKERMANN AWARD 2015 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING DISSERTATION AWARD FOR
LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now invited for the 2015 Ackermann Award.
PhD dissertations in topics specified by the EACSL and LICS
conferences, which were formally accepted as PhD theses at a
university or equivalent institution between 1.1.2013 and 31.12.2014
are eligible for nomination for the award. The deadline for submission
is 15 April 2015.
Submission details follow below.
Nominations can be submitted from 1 January 2015 and should be sent
to the chair of the Jury, Anuj Dawar, by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2015 Ackermann award will be presented to the recipient(s) at the
annual conference of the EACSL, 7-10 September 2015, in Berlin (Germany).
The award consists of
* a certificate,
* an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL/LICS conference,
* the publication of the laudatio in the CSL/LICS proceedings,
* travel support to attend the conference, and
* an invitation to present the work to the Kurt Gödel Society in
The jury is entitled to give the award to more (or less) than one
dissertation in a year.
The jury consists of:
* Thierry Coquand (Chalmers University of Gothenburg);
* Anuj Dawar (University of Cambridge), the president of EACSL;
* Dexter Kozen (Cornell University), ACM SigLog representative;
* Orna Kupferman (Hebrew University of Jerusalem);
* Daniel Leivant (Indiana University, Bloomington);
* Luke Ong (University of Oxford);
* Jean-Eric Pin (CNRS and University of Paris 7);
* Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the
vice-president of EACSL;
How to submit
The candidate or his/her supervisor should submit
1. the thesis (ps or pdf file);
2. a detailed description (not longer than 20 pages) of the thesis
in ENGLISH (ps or pdf file);
3. a supporting letter by the PhD advisor and two supporting letters
by other senior researchers (in English);
supporting letters can also be sent directly to Anuj Dawar
4. a short CV of the candidate;
5. a copy of the document asserting that the thesis was accepted as
a PhD thesis at a recognized University (or equivalent institution) and
that the candidate has received his/her PhD within the specified period.
The submission should be sent by e-mail as attachments to the chairman
of the jury, Anuj Dawar:
With the following subject line and text:
* Subject: Ackermann Award Submission
* Text: Name of candidate, list of attachments
Submission can be sent via several e-mail messages. If this is the case,
please indicate it in the text. Letters of support and documents can
also be faxed to:
+44 1223 334678
The Jury has the right to declare submissions to be out of scope or not
to meet the requirements.
The Award is sponsored by the Kurt Gödel Society.